Farmapper Channels user Guide to Create Listings
Do you have a farm for sale, livestock, straw, manure, equipment for sale or you looking to buy some? Maybe you want to rent a farm or a farm housing? Are you looking for financing for your farm? Or maybe you want to invest? Farmapper was built with farmers in mind and was built from the ground up to assist farmers and the rural community. Join the Farmapper community to buy, sell, trade products and services related to the farm.
Farmapper Channels were designed to improve farmers’ bottom line, reduce marketing expenses, commissions, hauling expense, and time. Location, is paramount in agriculture. The farm next door is more efficient to haul manure compost, lease and farm than a farm 50 miles away. Farmapper allows an easy visual search for listings in your area that are of interest.
Farmapper Channels are a visual tool to let everyone know you want to buy, sell, rent etc. You can easily place your offers as well as find what you are looking for among other users' announcements. Listings can be added for whole farms(projects), tracts (think fields or individual farm tracts) or stickers (think icons representing equipment, livestock or hay and straw). In all cases, the listing is published to the appropriate channel along with the project, tract or sticker to which it is attached. For example if you attach a listing to a tract then other users will be able to see not only your listing information, but also the whole tract with its attached documents and other data. We are sure that you can already create your own project, and this is the first step to creating your first listing. However, if you have any questions, take a look at our other user guides.There you find how to create robust projects and how to use all tools needed to it. So, let’s start!
Tap on the "Listings" tab to expand listings menu and choose „Add new full project listing” Figure 1.
Figure 1: Adding a listing to a project
To do this, select a tract or a sticker from the map Figure 2 or from the list of tracts and tap "Edit tract" Figure 3. On the map you will see the tract information window, if you use "Edit tract" you will be moved to "Modify Tract" window. In both cases find the "Manage Listings" button tap on it, you will see the list of the listings attached to this object and on the bottom left the light blue button "Add new", of course if you have not added any listings yet, the list will be empty. To add a listing tap "Add new".
Figure 2: Adding listing to the tract from the map
Figure 3: Adding listing to the tract from the "Modify tract" window
You can simply and quickly add a listing to the place on the map. Tap on the Listing menu button to expand listings menu and select „Add new sticker listing” Figure 4. The "Quick listing - select sticker" window will open. To add a listing, tap on the selected sticker icon, you will then be taken to the map. Select the place on the map that your listing applies to. Tap and the editing listing window will open.
Figure 4: Adding a listing using Quick listing function
When you tap "Add new" the "Listings" window will open.
This window has two tabs: "Title and options" and "Body" Figure 5. The "Title and options" tab contains basic information about the listing, and the "Body" tab allows you to enter and format the content of the listing.
Figure 5: Tabs in Lisings window
"Title and options" tab Figure 6
- "Title" - enter the title of your listing here. Your listing will be included in the list of listings in the "Channels" tab under this title.
- "Visibility" - you can choose who can see your listing. Select "Public" if your listing will be visible to all, or it will be available only to registered users of "Farmapper" if so select "Restricted".
- "Channel" - here you can choose to what channel your listing matches. All channels are in drop down list.
- "States" - Here you can choose which state(s) your listing applies to. By default the selected state is based on the location of your farm, tract or sticker to which you attach the listing. You can choose one or more states. When you select your state on the drop down list tap "Add" and you will see chosen state under the "States" inscription. If you want to add another one do it the same as the first time.
- "Facebook" - now you can decide if you want to publish your listing on facebook to leverage your social network. If yes select "Post on facebook". In this place you can also select "Remember my decision" if you want to post all your further listings on facebook, you can always change your mind in the future and unselect it next time.
Figure 6: "Title and options" tab
The "Body" tab is the place where you can enter the content of the listing Figure 7. In the content you can place not only text, but also a picture, video or link, you can also quote content from another source. You can format the content according to your preferences using the basic tools of the text editor. If you want to add a link, image or video in the content of your listing, you have to tap the related button, then a window with the place to paste the link, or a link to the image or video will open. Paste the link to it, and tap "OK". The link, picture or video will be added to content. You can also use "Toggle to html" to convert text to html format. If you want to clear all formatting, tap on the button "clear formatting".
Figure 7: "Body" tab
Below the edit window of the listing content, you will find the "Upload a new document" it let you add document which wasn't added to the project. "Add a project document" button Figure 7 is used to add documents already uploaded in the project in the form of a link to a document or an image. To add a document, tap on the "Add a project document" button. The list of available documents will be shown below Figure 8. Next to each document, you will find two icon buttons. If you use the first one you add the image below the listing content, if you use the second one, at the end of the listing description you will see the added link added to the document. When the content of your listing is ready and formatted according to your expectations tap "Add for ....". and your listing will be added.
You will notice that in the "Add for $ 0 (instead of $ 5)" button, there are prices. Currently most listings are in promotional price equal to 0 USD. The price we plan for the given channel is listed in parenthesis. This price is not set in stone, but we would like you to have at least some idea about the cost of adding the listings in the long term. If listing price is 0 you don’t even need a credit card to add it. In other cases the credit card is required. We will use the same one you added for your subscription payment, if you have one. Otherwise we will ask for it after you tap the "Add ..." button. We don’t charge you for every listing. We batch several listings into a single monthly payment, together with a subscription. The only exception is if you add so many listings that the amount due is bigger then 100 USD. We charge immediately in this case.
Figure 8: Adding a project document
The list of your listings is presented in the form of frames Figure 9, Figure 10, Figure 11. Each frame contains rows, where in on the bottom there are buttons that allow you to perform several operations on the listing. Below you will find a description of the contents of frames.
- "Title" - containing the title of the listing, it can be changed in edit mode.
- "Channel" - information to which channel the listing is assigned.
- "States" - information about the states in which your listing is visible.
- "Visibility" - informs which visibility option has been selected, it can be changed in edit mode:
- "restricted" if visible only to registered users
- "public" if everyone can see it
- "Expire(d) at" - information when the listing will be deactivated.
- "Active" - shows what is the status of your listing: active or inactive.
- "On FB" - informs if your listing has been posted on FB.
The last column contains the buttons:
- "Edit" - Choosing "Edit" will allow you to make some corrections in your listing. You can correct "Title", "Visibility" and the entire content of your listing.
- "Dismiss" and “Bring back” Figure 9 Figure 11 - these are buttons that allow you to change the status of your listing from active to inactive and inversely. If you tap on the "Dismiss" button, the status of your listing will be changed to inactive, and the "Bring back" button will appear in place of the "Dismiss" button. When you tap on the "Bring back" button, the status of your listing will be active again and "Dismiss" will return to "Bring back".
- "Republish" Figure 10 - If your listing expires, you will see a "Republish" button in place of the "Dismiss" button. If you use it your listing will be republished for the same period as when adding new listing. Re-publishing the expired listing is free.
- "FB Post" Figure 9 - If your listing has not yet been published on FB, you can do it now by tapping on the "FB Post" button.
- "Share" - If you want to inform someone that you have added a listing, send a message to him. After tapping "Share" a window will open, where you can enter the message. You must enter the email address of the recipient of your message, its title and content, the link to the listing will also be automatically added to the message.
At the bottom of the "Listings" window you will find two well-known buttons. "Add new" button which will allow you to add another listing and "Close" button after tapping which the "Listings" window will close.
Every tract and sticker has its own list of listings. There is also a separate list for project level listings.
Figure 9: Listings window 1
Figure 10: Listings window 2
Figure 11: Listings window 3
All listings, including your own ones, can be found in the channels mode. Switch to the channel mode by tapping the "Channels" button which is at the top of the page just below the "My project" button Figure 12.
Now you can search for listings. Choose the channel you are interested in, or select a specific state to narrow down your search. Below you will see a list of listings that meet your criteria. You can also enter the name in "Find on map" then you will see the listings on the map near the indicated place. If you tap on any of the listings on the list, you will be moved to this listing on the map.
Below each listing on the list, you can see a blue "FB post" button. If you want to post on Facebook information about this listing, use this button and the publication window will be displayed. Tap "Post on Facebook" and the entry about this listing will be added to the publications on your Facebook account.
On the left side of the listing name you can see the “eye” icon. Tap on it and a window will open with the content of the selected listing.
Figure 12: Channels mode
You can see the entire content of the listing Figure 13. We have prepared a few more helpful tools for you that you can see below the listing content.
- "On map" - When you tap this button, it will be moved back to the map, and the selected listing will be at its center.
Figure 13: Content of the listing
- "Share Figure 14 - Use this tool if you know that one of your friends would be interested in this listing. It allows you to send to a message with a link to this listing.
Figure 14: Share listing link
- "Message" Figure 15 - If you want to contact the author of the listing, ask for more information, write that you are interested, or in another matter. Use this tool and send a message to the author of the listing.
Figure 15: Share listing link
If you would like to receive information about new listings added to Farmapper, we have a special tool for you. In "Channels" mode tap "Manage notifications" and the "Listing notifications" window will be displayed Figure 16. To receive notifications, all you have to do is set the radius of the area (maximum 50 miles) and select the channels you are interested in, tap "Save" and from that moment you will be informed by email about all new listings that will be added and meet your criteria.
Figure 16: Listing notifications
The area which will be applicable to the notification is visible on the map in the form of a yellow circle-shaped selection Figure 17, you can freely move this selection by tapping, holding and moving its center. If you do not see the selection on the map, you probably have too much magnification. Decrease it and you will notice a yellow circular selection.
Figure 17: Notification area
Notifications settings can also be found in the "My Project" mode. Tap Settings and select Account settings Figure 18.
Figure 18: Account settings
In the Notifications tab you have the option of setting notification parameters Figure 19. You have to remember that If you want to check or move the center of the area from which you want to receive notifications, you can do it in "Channels" mode.
Figure 19: Listing notifications tab